New Project begins, 1974 P6 3500 V8

#21
Hi mrtask, thanks for the nice feedback, yes its not the most pleasant of tasks, I'm actually using a handheld gas blow torch not heat gun as stated, just tickling it so it scrapes of easily, a few burns in the process ! It'll paint the whole underneath in red oxide, lay on new UPOL stonechip and then over coat with satin black chassis paint. I've mounted an SD1 clutch master cylinder next to the brake M/Cylinder, same as I did with the red car, this is almost an identical resto, I had a braided flexi hose made up to go from clutch master cylinder to the slave cylinder, you might be able to see the old pics on my old thread, will make heat shield and use heat wrap around the exhaust manifold.
To make into manual pedal box I removed it and the auto brake pedal, sourced another auto brake pedal & all the bits, cut and move the pedal arm to the other side of its mounting where the shaft goes though if that makes sense, I then cut both pedals to the same size as the throttle pedal, painted in blk, put it all back together & fitted back in the car with new return springs.
The car will be same as the red once, hopefully same Crager wheels, USA style No plates, lowered. Paint will be a metallic Blue called B5 Blue used on the late 60's MOPAR muscle cars such as 68/70 Dodge Chargers, Dodge Super Bees, Challengers ect. Teh blue on the 69 Firebird is a nice blue. Black Vinyl roof and black box pleat leather interior. Lots to do and very tight budget called Mrs Waller, credit card has been hidden from me ;-) Can only seem to load one pic of my car but several of the US cars, PIA!
Cheers Damian.
 

Attachments

unstable load

Well-Known Member
#22
To make into manual pedal box I removed it and the auto brake pedal, sourced another auto brake pedal & all the bits, cut and move the pedal arm to the other side of its mounting where the shaft goes though if that makes sense, I then cut both pedals to the same size as the throttle pedal, painted in blk, put it all back together & fitted back in the car with new return springs.
Being as spares are a bit scarce in Cape Town, I used an ex-2000 LHD manual pedal box with the gentle attentions of an oxy-acetylene torch to achieve the necessary bends in the pedals to fit the RHD box.
As I only had an old SD1 master at the time, I made a bracket to fit it next to the radiator and made up a linkage to actuate it from the pedal. It works fine, but when I put the car back on the road, I will fit the bits from a 3500 Manual that I bought a while back.
 
#23
Updated pics if they load, on going rust repair to inner wings, next will be red oxide, UPOL stone chip & coat of chassis satin black :)

1575367413022.png
1575367586044.png

1575367708979.png

1575367809740.png

1575367887414.png

1575368050619.png

1575390551967.png

1575390630439.png

1575390682987.png

1575390771808.png
 
Last edited:
Top