1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Circular fittings on underside of Base Unit

Discussion in 'Bodywork & Interior' started by DAK, Feb 7, 2018.

  1. DAK

    DAK New Member

    While completing the corrosion repairs on my car, the welding shop asked me if they needed to reproduce the four raised fittings with the circular hole (see photo) on the base unit. I do not know what they are for. There is not enough structure there to be good as a jacking point. I was thinking it must be an artifact from the assembly process. Does anyone know? 008.JPG 010.JPG
  2. harveyp6

    harveyp6 Well-Known Member

    AFAIK they are just to locate the base unit on the carrier as it moved down the production line.
  3. GRTV8

    GRTV8 Well-Known Member

    Cripes did not know that - Ive always assumed it was to locate the hydraulic jack I use. Shame shame:p
  4. quattro

    quattro Well-Known Member

    The front ones are great at catching mud and dirt, which helps to rot out your sills. I didn't replace mine when I welded up the ends :)

  5. Vern Klukas

    Vern Klukas Active Member

    I'm quite sure Harvey's correct. I think I have a picture somewhere of a base unit on the production line and you can see it's attached to the production line trolley there or near there.

  6. DAK

    DAK New Member

    Thanks to all for your insight.

Share This Page